Thursday, November 03, 2005

Something About Television

I was sitting in front of my computer on Thursday night watching the newest episode of Law and Order: SVU. Imagine my surprise when, at the end of the episode, someone opens fire in the court room, killing 3 people including the judge and injuring 3 others. What the heck? Poor Lenny Briscoe must be rolling over in his grave. Earlier in the night I watched the double episode season premier to That 70's Show. In this episode Hyde marries a stripper, Kitty gets high and a new character (Charlie?) falls off the water tower to his death. What the heck? Seriously, this television season sucks!

I started watching How I Met Your Mother, the new comedy from NBC. You can tell they are desperate to regain the glory days of comedic supremacy. Sorry guys, but this show sucks. NBC went so far as to bring in Alyson Hanigan (American Pie Trilogy) and Neil Patrick Harris (Doogey Howser). The proven actors don't help the show at all. In fact, Doogie's character is the worst of them all. I really think NBC has a hit with My Name is Earl, which stars Jason Lee (Kevin Smith Movies). Of all the new television shows this season I think this will be the only one to come back next fall.

The only show which hasn't disappointed me so far this season is Lost. This show just keeps on getting better every week. The sad part about these crappy shows is that I'll probably keep watching them. After all, I don't have anything better to do at night.

1 Comments:

At 10:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree.. the new shows suck. The expression, "have you met Ted?" is only funny for so long. Plus, they actually aired a rerun already. Give me a break!! If they were trying to get more viewers by rerunning the first show they actally did more damage by ticking off viewers who were giving the show a chance. Another new show I have yet to see is "everybody hates Chris" is this a sick flip of everybody Loves Raymond? It seems the only good shows on now are dramas. House, Greys anatomy, the west wing adn commander in chief are all good. While I do enjoy Law and order sometimes being able to watch a show every hour of the day takes something away, don't you think? Thank goodness for shows like surviour and the apprentice.
LRB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home