Thursday, December 30, 2004

Something About Appearance

Those who live in Korea know that Koreans seem obsessed with their appearance. One of my adult students is a bit shorter, but really not that short. I would say he is 5'5. He told me that his height bothers him because most Koreans look down on him (no pun intended). Because he doesn't want his kids to go through the same "persecution", he has them go for growth hormones once a year. It is a joke in the class that my kitten is my daughter. I asked him that, given my daughters size, should I bring her in for hormone injections? Speaking of my cat, the current song playing is an ode to my "daughter." If you don't recognize the song you won't get the joke. Oh well. This is a picture of a me and a couple of students from my adult class. It was taken November 17, 2004.


2 Comments:

At 10:27:00 PM, Blogger Janice said...

weird. The mother of one of my students didn't like his sister's boyfriend ~ her only reason ~ "He's not tall".

 
At 5:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man I am way behind on those hormomes. I guess I better stay on this side of the world where little guys with big mouths cand get by...lol.

-Dan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home