Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Something About Going Home To Canada

The Chinese New Year falls on February 8th,9th and 10th. That leaves Monday February 7th as a non-holiday. To simply cancel classes without a good reason is unheard of in Korea. Even when kids are sick (or recently released from the hospital) they still come to class. To get the day off my director told all the students that I am going to Canada for a seminar. Therefore there cannot be any classes on Monday. Hmmm... Canada in February or Singapore in February: Where would you rather be?

2 Comments:

At 9:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two thoughts on this one.... 1- you mom would rather that you were in Canada 2- do your stundents not realize how long it takes you to get to Canada or how expensive it is? A four day trip would hardly be worth it. Ok so 3, what is the seminar on, "honesty in the classroom?" Let's hope that the class hamster doesn't die, I mean go to visit its relatives in china!!
LRB

 
At 9:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny because I already told my High School students on Monday that I was going to Singapore. On Wednesday I had to tell them that instead I have to go to Canada. It soundz pretty funny, but it's the korean way of life here.
Mike

 

Post a Comment

<< Home