Thursday, June 21, 2007

Something About Changes

After spending 3 years at the same school in Korea, I've decided to make a move to greener pastures. The decision was made late last year, but it has taken until now for my plans to become definite. I've been offered a teaching position at Woosong University in Daejeon and I'm going to accept it. I should start in early or late August. That said, I am going to miss Nonsan. Yeah, I complained that it was a small city with barely any foreigners, but it's been my way of life for 3 years now. I'm going to miss having a car to get around with every day. I can always buy a car when I'm in Daejoen, but I'm not sure if I want to risk driving there or not. I'll have to make a short trip to Japan sometime in the near future to get a new work visa. I think I might stay for an extra couple of days just to relax and take it easy. That said, I'm not going to make it home this summer. I am going to try very hard to make it home for Christmas, something I haven't been able to do for 4 years now.

3 Comments:

At 8:14:00 AM, Blogger Janice said...

Woo Hoo! Congratulations. Where are you going to go in Japan?

 
At 10:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats' Mike!!! I knew you were going to stick around Korea for a while... Will you ever come home....... Friend??

Keep me posted ;)

 
At 1:52:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job!! But if you value you life and do not want your mother to come to Korea for a visit you should really try really hard to make it home for Christmas.... I really think that she would come over and stay for a lonnnnnnnng time!
LRB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home