Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Something About Being Committed


As some of you (most of you) know I like to watch television. I have my favorite shows but I don't try to ram my affection down people's throat. Simply put, everyone has their own taste. The days leading up to my trip to Singapore were a tad boring. I wanted to save my energy so I pretty much just stayed around my apartment. I've mentioned to most of you that I download current North American television shows on the internet. I can usually view any shows episode within 24 hours of it airing. Most of the time it's within an hour of the shows airing. I was really pressed for something to watch; it seemed there were a lot of re-runs that week. I came across a show I had never heard of before called "Committed." I downloaded an episode (107) and absolutely loved it. When I got back from Singapore I downloaded the first 8 episodes. I must say this is the funniest show on television right now. This is it's first season and has only been airing since January of this year. It airs Tuesday nights on NBC. You really don't want to miss this show. Some of you "over 40's" people might think the cast is too young for you. Don't worry- Tom Postman (Newhart) plays a minor role in the show as a retired clown that lives in a closet as he waits to die. In terms of the other characters the show also stars Darius McCrary ("Eddie" from "Family Matters") and Jennifer Finnigan, a blonde from Montreal. You may also know that my all time favourite comedy is "Seinfeld." Jason Alexander has a new show this season called "Listen Up." I enjoyed the first few episodes because I really do like Jason as an actor. The problem with the show is that there is a serious lack of talent. Jason Alexander does not do good by himself- he needs good supporting actors. The wife and son on the show are very weak. Not only that but "Theo" (Malcom-Jamal Warner) is terrible in his role as a retired football player. If "Listen Up" is going to make it to two seasons it is going to have to restructure it's cast. My worry is that "Committed" arrived too late in the season for people to even realize it even exists. Hopefully I'm wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home