Friday, April 01, 2005

Something About The News

This past week I came across two interesting news stories. The first involves Mc Donald's paying hip-hop artists for using the words "Big Mac" in their songs. The artist would receive a fee every time the particular song is played on the radio. Here's my take:

My name's Big Mac and don't you know,
My fans follow me where 'er I go.
Jigidy jack, don't come back!
I eat Big Mac's before my show!
'Cause they cost me little dough.
Word to your mother.

How do I go about copyrighting those lyrics?

In another story, three men in North Dakota rolled a water jug full of coins into a bank to exchange it for cash (US$ 1,800). The bank was suspicious so they called the police. Turns out one of the men actually stole the water jug from someone's home. Wow, talk about your hillbillies!

Ron: Hey Cletus, rumor has it that Hank has a big 'ol tub a coins in his house!
Cletus: Huh huh, really? It would be, uh, cool if we stole them coins. I really could use some new teeth!
Ron: Hey Cletus, I know a guy that could replace them teeth of yours real cheap.
Cletus: It's a plan! Let's go get that big tub o' coins from Hank's house!
Ron: Huh huh, yup.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home