Thursday, March 24, 2005

Something About Donna

As watchers of "That 70's Show" already know, Donna dyed her hair blond this season. I've often wondered why she did this. This morning I found out why: she has signed on to play the part of Karla Holmoka in a new movie called "Deadly." I have four questions. Question one: Why on earth would someone want to make a movie about this pond scum couple and their evil deeds? Question two: Why would anyone watch such garbage? Question three: Why would a promising young actress such as Laura Prepon want to portray such an evil women? It really confuses me. I wonder if this infamous Holmoka, who gets out of jail this Spring, will receive any royalties. My final question is this: Given that Canadians were shut out from much of the trial due to a media ban, will the film be even shown IN Canada? I find the whole idea of this movie ridiculous.

4 Comments:

At 5:01:00 PM, Blogger Janice said...

I think that the media ban during the trial was to ensure a fair trial, but I'm not sure. I assume it will be shown in Canada. A few years ago, Law & Order did an episode based on the story too.

 
At 11:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The movie will not be shown in Canada. Canadians were very upset by this tragedy. Unfortunately when the movie is release in DVD format Canadians will have access to it.
I will never understand why anyone would want to see or support this movie. What if that was your daughter being tortured and raped, who you want anyone to view that.
For the sake of these girls and the families, please don't support this evil movie.....

 
At 10:15:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Canadian and I live close to where these crimes were committed. I am literally sick everytime I think of anyone making money becuase of the sexual torture and murder of these young girls. The movie will not be shown in Canada, as of right now, but we will get the DVD release. Which means everytime we walk into a video store we all get to think of those bastards and see thier smug faces on the cover of the DVD. I also refuse to watch That 70's Show, even seeing Laura's face makes me want to puke out of disgust.
If you are American, do not see this movie, don't spend your money on this sick crap.

 
At 7:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the movie "Deadly" won't do that well. But we all must admit to ourselves that, We as human being have a built in curiosity when it comes to any crime. Look at the top TV shows. They all involve violent crimes against our fellow man and, we keep watching faithfully. The publication ban alone will be responsible for most of the sales because the public was kept in the dark and a natural curiosity will fuel the desire to see what really happened. The whole concept though discusting to most will not stop the fact that every time a horrendous crime such as this happens Hollywood will make a film depicting it. Past examples are Jack the Ripper, Son of Sam, The Boston Strangler and the list never ends. We have become so oblivious to violence that in order to keep our attention the film makers must follow suit and create more graphic and detailed stories in order to get us in the seats. We have to accept the fact we as consumers are partly to blame for this movie being produced and, can only hope by a poor attendance at the movie theatres will convince the producers that certain subjects have indeed crossed the line.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home