Monday, April 11, 2005

Something About Winning A Battle

I win! I win! For what seems like eternity I have been fighting a private battle. I have told no one about this fight because frankly, I didn't think anyone would care. In mid February I developed what I thought was an innocent crusty booger in my left nostril. It was located at the back of my nose so it was really hard to get at. I tried and tried for months to get this booger with no success. Today at 10:51 a.m. I planned a sneak attack. I went for a right nostril pick but quickly changed to a left nostril pick. I knew I had success as I fought to take this thing out of my nose (it was attached to a few nostril hairs). In the end it was a good battle. What did I learn from this experience? Venus will eat ANYTHING!

2 Comments:

At 11:23:00 AM, Blogger Janice said...

I worry about you. Just out of curiosity, did you try getting it out with a Q-tip or tweezers? Picking with one finger is like trying to eat noodles with one chopstick. tricky.

 
At 7:28:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On one hand I agree... we really didn't want to know about this. But now that we do I wish you would have said something sooner. For Julia, who can't blow her own nose, we have a tool called a baby asperator. It is a long skinny tube attatched to a bulb that you squeeze to suck the booggers out. I don't think that it would work for an adult, their noses are too big, but perhaps you could have tried a TURKEY BASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LRB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home