Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Something About Adscam

Last year I returned to Korea one week before the Canadian election. I firmly believe that when I return this summer there will be yet another general election. Many of you have been unfortunate enough to hear me ramble on about the Liberals. Frankly, I don't like them. I always thought Chretien was hiding something behind that "sweet old man mask" that he wore. Well, it turns out he was. Last week Jean Brault, president of the ad agency Groupaction, gave testimony to the Gomery Commission. Although the testimony has a media ban it was leaked to an American blogger last week. Considering I don't live in Canada and have non-residency status I felt no guilt in reading about Brault's testimony. What I read was shocking:

-The Liberal government hired 5 Liberal friendly ad firms
-These ad firms were frequently paid (with YOUR tax dollars) for doing nothing at all
-When the ad firms were paid for doing nothing they in turn donated the money(YOUR tax dollars) to the Liberal Party of Canada

The testimony also links Martin and Chretien to the scandal. When the general Canadian public becomes aware of these facts I am certain the Liberal reign will come to a crushing end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home