Friday, March 03, 2006

Something About "Shivers"

As you may or may not know, I have a "Lost" blog. You can click the link on the right side of this blog. What you may also know is that I haven't posted in it for quite some time. I don't want to go so far as to delete it, there just haven't been that many exciting episodes to comment on.
Really, I don't know what is up with this show. The first season was amazing. Never before have I actually had shivers when watching a television show. For example, in the first season when Locke started banging on the lid to the hatch, screaming and yelling, and then all of a sudden a huge beam of light came out of it. That gave me shivers. I could hardly sleep that night. This season has had some shiver episodes but they have been confined to the first 5 episodes. Going into the hatch, meeting Desmond, watching the orientation movie; awesome entertainment. But then, nothing happened! Seriously, the past 8 or so episodes have actually been boring.
Wednesday's episode, however, had me sweating. The apartment could have been on fire and I wouldn't had even noticed. From start to finish, this episode was non-stop action. The shivers came back, with a vengeance! I could hardly sleep that night. Ethan came back, albeit in Claire's flashbacks. That guy just gives me the creeps. I'm glad they killed him off last season. Then, another hatch! If my memory serves me right, that's a total of 3 hatch's on the island (so far). Given that there are only a total of 6 in the world, the possibilities of all 6 being on the island are pretty good. What was strange was that in Claire's flashbacks the hatch was crowded, however when the girls went back to it, the place was deserted and stripped off all supplies. What I thought was interesting was the theater glue and fake beard Kate found in one of the lockers. Nothing happens on this show without a reason. Which brings me back to the previous episode when Sawyer got bitten by the blue tree frog. I still think something is going to happen to him (tree frogs aren't blue!). We get to see many of the "other's" in this episode. Why did they want Claire's baby? Who is this head guy the other's kept talking about? Finally, we get to see Russo's daughter. Until now we knew she had an offspring on the island, but didn't know the sex of it or if it was even alive. Excellent episode, folks. If they keep this up I might just start posting in my Lost blog again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home