Saturday, February 19, 2005

Something About Gmail

My new email address is with Gmail. I chose this web-based email address because it truly out ranks all others. First, it offers 1 Gigabyte of storage. You could literally store a life times worth of emails with it. It also offers an amazing search option. Type in any word and search every piece of email you have. It has a great "spam" detector. I get absolutely no spam in my inbox. It is a Beta based email. This means that you view a "live" mailbox. With Hotmail you have to reload your page to see new emails. With gmail the page constantly reloads itself. You can actually see an email appear in your mailbox. You can download "Gmail Notifier." This is a program that tells you there is new email, even when you are not viewing your mailbox. A small picture of a white envelope appears in the bottom right hand corner of your toolbar when there is no new mail. When new mail does come the envelope turns blue. It also briefly tells you who sent the email and the subject associated with it. There are many other options with Gmail...Too many to list. One of the best things about Gmail is that it is new. You have a really good chance of getting an address that YOU want. For example, my address is mpeacock@gmail.com . If this were a hotmail account it would have to be mpeacock333444@hotmail.com . You are not guaranteed the email address you want but the chances are pretty high. To have a Gmail account you need to be sent an invitation to join. You can't simply go to a website and sign up. Here's where the purpose of this post comes in. I checked my email today and it says I have 50 invitations to give out. So here's my question: Who wants a Gmail account? Send my an email and I'll send you an invitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home