Saturday, April 16, 2005

Something About Television Networks

Now is the time for the big networks to start picking and choosing what the Fall season will look like in t.v. land. Next season is starting to look a bit strange. First, my favorite show "Committed" has been cancelled by NBC before the season has even ended. This was the most original show I have seen in a long time. Meanwhile NBC chose to renew "Joey" which, in my opinion, is crap. I read something very strange about the happenings at Fox. "That 70's Show" has been signed on for next season WITHOUT Eric and Michael. Both Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher are going to pursue movie careers. This wouldn't be a problem if they weren't the STARS of the show. To keep going next season there will have to be major story line changes. Car accident, anyone? Also on Fox, Nicole Richie is leaving "The Simple Life." Rumors persist that she is fighting with Paris Hilton however it could be the fact that she is getting married. Her replacement for "The Simple Life 4" will be Rod Stewart's daughter. There is one show that hasn't been renewed yet but I expect it will. "Lost" on ABC is in it's first season and reigns Wednesday night in terms of viewers. As you know probably know the story is about survivors of a plane crash on a deserted (?) island. I really can't see them getting off the island in a matter of 5 remaining episodes.

1 Comments:

At 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Janice said...

Of course the cast of 'Lost' won't get off the island in 5 years. I mean, look how long it took Gilligan!!!

Also, as much as I enjoy That 70's Show, I think it should have ended before last season. I can't imagine what it's going to look like next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home